When was the last time you went for a run? If it seems so long that you cannot even remember exactly how it felt like, you might want to consider doing it again. And the good thing about it is that you do not have to be a good runner to start experiencing the things that make a lot of people love it. And here are just some of them.
1. To borrow a slogan from a famous classic ad, “The roads are always open”. You can head out for a run anywhere at any time.
2. It is one of the cheapest physical activities you can get into to stay fit. You only have to invest on the right pair of shoes and you can set off for runs in roads and trails for free.
3. If you think you can’t, think again! It does not matter how slow you go. Your pace does not dictate the level of enjoyment, and the benefits, you can get from it.
4. Because running offers a unique high. It keeps you in tune to a lot of things which heightened the sensations you get from it.
5. You can run solo or in the company of family and friends.
6. It is a great way to meet new people from all walks of life.
7. You connect with fellow runners regardless of skill level.
8. Every run is an opportunity to challenge yourself and push past your limits. The more you do it, the more you improve your ability to run farther and faster.
9. It is a great way to connect with nature. While you can always run on the treadmill if you wish to, there is nothing quite like the feeling of running outdoors and the chance to spend more time with nature.
10. Whether you are running in your neighborhood or an unfamiliar city while traveling, running lets you enjoy the scenery around you. You may even discover a lot of interesting things you could easily miss if you are not passing through during a run.
11. Because running makes you feel good. It may even put your troubles in perspective and provide you with the clarity you need to make better decisions.
12. At the end of the day, you really have nothing to lose, except maybe a few excess pounds. What you get from it, however, is a different story. Because if there is one thing you can look forward to about running, it would be this: You gain more from every run than you can possibly imagine.